Add a mandatory filed to an existing Project

Joao Borges November 23, 2020

Hi there, 

I would like to add a mandatory field to 1 project only. I had issues in the past that broke all the other PROJECTS because ticket was requiring this field 

Field is a custom field with a checklist. I would like to add to our  DEVELOPEMT project, make it required and assigned to the current Screen scheme for DEVELOPMENT

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2020

Hi Joao,

the steps would include:

1.) add a new customfield with a name you wish (ideally also add a context)

2.) add the newly created customfield to all desired screens of the screen scheme which is assigned to DEVELOPMENT projects

3.) create a new field configuration scheme and assign it to DEVELOPMENT project

4.) create a new field configuration for you new custom field (marking it as required)

The problem in the past will clearly have been to make the changes to existing field configuration instead of making a new one.

Hint: instead of creating a new custom field for the checklist you also can use a existing one in case you already have one.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Joao Borges ,

you are probably using some application to be able to create custom fields with a checklist. Do you know, which one it is? Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events