Add Issues to Kanban

Ismail Korkmaz November 14, 2018

With the button "create" it is possible to assign an Issue direcly to a Sprint. My question now is whether the same is also possible for Kanban boards? If yes, then how?

The reason is, I want to have my own board that displays my open issues across projects.

Right now I have an infinite sprint, but it doesn't work so well.

JIRA Anfrage2.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hello,

Each Kanban board has a filter, which selects issue for the board (board settings -> general). Change this filter so that it would select your issues.

Ismail Korkmaz November 14, 2018

Hello Alexey,

1. I know the function, but it is not cross-project. Correct me if I'm wrong. Wenn ich ein Board erstelle, möchte das Programm es auf ein Projekt beziehen

2. Wie du in der Abbildung siehst, kann man direkt ein Sprint auswählen. Kann ich auch direkt ein Kanban auswählen?

Thank you

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

1. You should change the filter board so, that it would select your issues. You can select issues from as many projects, as you want. When you create a board you can always choose to create this board from the existing filter. Event if you created a board for a project, you can always change the filter for this board.

2. Kanban boards do not have sprints. You can not choose something in the issue create screen to connect the issue to a board. All issues are connected to boards via the filter, defined for the board. That is why you need to change the filter for the board.

Ismail Korkmaz November 15, 2018

Thank you, this is going great.

Suggest an answer