Add Functionalities to Bulk Change Operations in Jira

Emiliano Giordana August 25, 2022

Hi, I'm very new to the management of Atlassian applications and I'm collecting requests from my colleagues about things that can be done, or eventually being implemented.

It's the possible to do or add the following functionalities with/to the Bulk Change:

• Possibility to change Summary of a Ticket.
  • Possibility to link issues (i.e. link multiple issues to a single POs).
  • Possibility to attach files (e.g. attach an image to multiple DIs).

Thanks a lot,

Emiliano.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, bulk edit does not support those functions, and probably never will.

• Summary is a human entered field which is used to get a handle on issues when talking about them.  There is never a case where it is useful to destroy the summary by overwriting it with the same text on hundreds of issues
  • The desire to add a link to a huge swathe of issues actually suggests a misuse of linking - should this not be done with an Epic link?  (Which you can do in bulk edit)
  • Why are you duplicating the same file on many issues?  Again, that suggests an unmet requirement that should probably be done differently
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2022

Hi @Emiliano Giordana

welcome to the community!

While I agree with Nic's points, if you really want to, you can bulk update the summary in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira. You do so by copy/pasting into the respective cells, e.g. from Excel or Google Sheets, or within JXL.

This is how this looks in action:

paste-from-excel.gif

This works for almost all issue fields, however not (yet) for issue links and attachments. (We may add this capability in the future, but it's not on the short to mid term roadmap.)

Suggest an answer