Add Epic Name to Issue Collector

I would like to add an issue collector to a web site for the creation of Epics and Stories.

In order to do this, I need to be able to allow the entry of these fields in the Issue Collector, however, these fields are not available when I build the issue collector.

Is there a configuration step I need to follow? I am using a stand-alone version of JIRA

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We've the same problem.

How will it go on?

2015_12_21_16_15_00_Add_Issue_Collector_Nordstrom_JIRA.pngAny answers for this.  We are on the same boat.  We are trying to create an issue collector which will automatically be an Epic Issue Type.

Do you need the user to be able to dynamically set the epic? I'm not sure that is possible but one thing we do is manually set it through the javascript. For example:

Lets say I have an issue collector setup  and on the page where I have inserted the necessary code to have the form; I include the custom field number for the epic field which I got from viewing the page source. I then pass the epic slug. example:

<script type="text/javascript">window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS =  {
    "triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
        //Requries that jQuery is available! 
        jQuery("#submit-link").click(function(e) {
            e.preventDefault();
            showCollectorDialog();
        });
    },fieldValues: {
        summary : '',
			components : ['19012'],
 customfield_10204 : "RSP-5064",

Where 

customfield_10204 : 

is the epic field and

"RSP-5064",
is my epic slug.

I hope this helps and makes sense. If you need the full script I can try to get you that but will have to doc out specific info.

Best Regards,

Shawn Kemp 

Hi Shawn, could you please provide the full script? I was able to get the custom field number and added the code to my script, but it did not work. 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Apr 10, 2018

Hi!

Let's generate js and set into your request related Epic. 

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

150 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you