It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adaptavist Scriptrunner Post Message to Chat Service to include a link to issue Edited

Hi,

I'm trying to include a link to the issue within the message template (not email template) of the post function Post Message to Chat Service (Slack) by Adaptavist Scriptrunner.

I would like the ${issue.key} to contain the link to the issue itself. No luck trying to put something together and very limited (none) coding experience. One question I have is, can this be done without having to write a groovy script? If anyone have any suggestion that would be great. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Payne Community Leader Feb 28, 2019

The format of a link to an issue is:

http[s]://<JIRA_INSTANCE>/browse/${issue.key}

so you can easily construct a hyperlink in that fashion.

Wow, you are indeed a Community Champion!

Any suggestions on what to learn to be able to come up with that answer for other similar scenarios? I am completely lost on how you got that answer. 

This issue appears to have been marked as solved but I cannot see a solution so to help anyone who finds this post, I want to link a script that can be used to send messages to slack with a clickable link.

You can view this script on the Adaptavist Script Library here

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you