Active sprints board with user stories != Done and associated su-tasks

Anton.Fuchs November 2, 2020

Hey all,
we have the following use case:
During our Daily meeting we only want to see the User Stories which don't have status "Done" or "Defined" and the associated sub-tasks. We try to have a quick filter in the "Active Sprints" board to do so. We tried multiple filters but failed.
Using the following filter doesn't show up the sub-tasks:

(issuetype = Story or issuetype = Bug) AND (status in ("To Dos","In Progress","In Review",Blockiert,Canceled) )

Using the following filter does show the Done and Defined Stories as well as it seems to show all stories that have a sub-task:

(issuetype = Story or issuetype = Bug ) AND (status in ("To Dos","In Progress","In Review",Blockiert,Canceled) ) or issuetype = Sub-task

Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers,

Toni

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

Hi @Anton.Fuchs ,

If the status of the subtask is consistent with Story, you can try to use the following JQL.

(issuetype = Story or issuetype = Bug or issuetype = Sub-task) AND (status in ("To Dos","In Progress","In Review",Blockiert,Canceled) )

Anton.Fuchs November 2, 2020

Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately it's not.

Anton.Fuchs November 4, 2020

I'm not sure if I made my use case undesrtandable enough. Let me explain it again.

We're using the Active Sprint Board. In there we have swimlanes by User Stories and underneath the stories we define sub-tasks. The workflow of our User Stories is ToDo/Defined/In Work/InReview/Done. The workflow of the sub-tasks is different.

Now we need a filter which lets us see all users stories (and its associated sub-tasks) that are "not in (defined, done)". Doing so the sub-tasks are not shown which is the problem.

Is this possible without a third party tool? Any idea?

Regards,

Toni

Suggest an answer