Active directory Synchronization

Raju AD April 18, 2018

Hi,

I have installed a new instance of JIRA 7.8. When i configure the Organization's Active directory, it is automatically syncing all the users, there are more than 40K Users in our Org, i don't want to sync all those users to our JIRA instance. If I enable the Active Directory it is starting syncing automatically, which is what i don't want and i didn't see any option to not to sync.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

2 answers

1 vote
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2018

Nagaraju,

Why wouldn't you do the full AD sync during off hours, then make sure 'incremental sync' is selected in the AD user directory? We have 7k in my organization and it didn't take long to do a full sync.

- Jon

1 vote
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

Hi Nagaraju,

If you want to limit the users synchronised from AD to JIRA, narrow down the scope suggested by this documentation.

If you want to stop the synchronisation completely, you can disable the AD from JIRA Administration >> User management >> User Directories.

Also, you can control the LDAP synchronisation interval via the user directory's Advanced Settings:

LDAP.png

Regards,
Kelly

Raju AD April 19, 2018

Hi Kelly,

I Appreciate for your response. Sorry.. my Question was in a wrong note.

my requirement was to maintain AD authentication with out syncing the AD Users to JIRA. I was selecting a wrong option while Adding a Directory. I have to Select “Internal with LDAP Authentication”  but not “Microsoft Active Directory”  since it is only for authentication purpose. i found the answer.

Thanks...

Kagithala Babu Anvesh October 15, 2019

Hi @Raju AD need some information .  we are using jira with internal directory . now we have a situation to integrate with AD. we have created jira internal user's with AD email's only . for permission and notification we created some internal groups.  now i've to sync with AD , all my local users want to use authentication from AD. and the Jira internal Groups have to be remain same as previous for permissions and notification .

Thanks 

Suggest an answer