• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Active Objects Tutorial

Is there a link to an up to date example of the Active Objects Tutorial?

I downloaded this but it doesn't work at all

https://bitbucket.org/sleberrigaud_atlassian/ao-tutorial

6 answers

The tutorial only works with earlier versions of active objects; 0.23.12 works, but 0.28.1, what is used by Stash, does not.  At Stage 2 of the tutorial you get an IllegalStateException with the message of:

plugin [{com.atlassian.tutorial.ao.todo.ao-tutorial}] invoking ActiveObjects before <ao> configuration module is enabled or plugin is missing an <ao> configuration module. Note that scanning of entities from the ao.model package is no longer supported.

What changes need to be made to the tutorial to allow it to work with newer versions of Active Objects?

Also, please note to get this far I had to delete src/test/resources/atlassian-plugin.xml per https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/249440, which is still in issue.

I am seeing the same error as well:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: plugin [{org.apache.felix.framework}] invoking ActiveObjects before &lt;ao&gt; configuration module is enabled or plugin is missing an &lt;ao&gt; configuration module. Note that scanning of entities from the ao.model package is no longer supported.

Still trying to figure out how to proceed.

0 votes

Hey Jake, it should be up to date. Can you be a bit more precise than "it doesn't work"? Not giving any details doesn't really help solve your problem… and is not going to get you far.

As of today, it's most definitely not up to date. I've been playing around with the SDK for a few days and I'm rather disappointed with the difficulties to make the tutorial examples work. They all require some modification to work properly.

0 votes

It was, 4 years ago...

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you