Active Objects Tutorial

Jake Joseph April 4, 2012

Is there a link to an up to date example of the Active Objects Tutorial?

I downloaded this but it doesn't work at all

https://bitbucket.org/sleberrigaud_atlassian/ao-tutorial

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Wayne Wylupski May 22, 2015

The tutorial only works with earlier versions of active objects; 0.23.12 works, but 0.28.1, what is used by Stash, does not.  At Stage 2 of the tutorial you get an IllegalStateException with the message of:

plugin [{com.atlassian.tutorial.ao.todo.ao-tutorial}] invoking ActiveObjects before <ao> configuration module is enabled or plugin is missing an <ao> configuration module. Note that scanning of entities from the ao.model package is no longer supported.

What changes need to be made to the tutorial to allow it to work with newer versions of Active Objects?

Also, please note to get this far I had to delete src/test/resources/atlassian-plugin.xml per https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/249440, which is still in issue.

Ahmed_A_ May 7, 2016

I am seeing the same error as well:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: plugin [{org.apache.felix.framework}] invoking ActiveObjects before &lt;ao&gt; configuration module is enabled or plugin is missing an &lt;ao&gt; configuration module. Note that scanning of entities from the ao.model package is no longer supported.

Still trying to figure out how to proceed.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

It was, 4 years ago...

0 votes
Claudio Omar Melendrez Baeza February 19, 2016

As of today, it's most definitely not up to date. I've been playing around with the SDK for a few days and I'm rather disappointed with the difficulties to make the tutorial examples work. They all require some modification to work properly.

0 votes
Samuel Le Berrigaud
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2012

Hey Jake, it should be up to date. Can you be a bit more precise than "it doesn't work"? Not giving any details doesn't really help solve your problem… and is not going to get you far.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question