Actioning issue via commit message

Jean-Yves Avenard August 18, 2011

Hi there.

Currently evaluation the jira (standalone) suite of applications...

Now, I'm trying to reproduce the possibility to add comments, resolve issues etc automatically from SVN commit message just as described for JIRA Studio Hosted:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRASTUDIO/Actioning+Issues+via+Commit+Messages

I have found this blog entry dated from 2009

http://blogs.atlassian.com/developer/2009/10/dragon_slayer_supplement_action_issues_with_commit_commands.html

Now, this post is a bit outdated in such that none of the versions mentioned match the current version. Communication to JIRA from the SVN repository is achieved via the FishEye notification plugin.

I have tried for a while to get it going, but I only end up with a lots of verbose errors in the FishEye plugin.

First I tried with the default plugins found in the current distribution of JIRA/FishEye has all of those are newer than the revision mentioned in the blog entry, and I was hoping all those nifty features would have been merged in the current version by now.

The XML patch applies okay (there are some mods either off by 1 or 2 lines and 2 fuzzy mods, but nothing setious)

The notifier plugin mentioned in the entry doesn't work with the current version of FishEye, googling led me to a bug entry for FishEye and a link to this version of the plugin

https://maven.atlassian.com/content/repositories/atlassian-public/com/atlassian/notifier/notifier-fisheye-plugin/2.3.3/notifier-fisheye-plugin-2.3.3.jar

When I run the test using the Firefox Poster Plugin, I get the "201 Created" message, which indicates that everything is working okay.

Unfortunately, when I make a commit in SVN using the KEY-NUM #resolve blah

In the fisheye console I see the errors:

2011-08-19 17:42:56,745 ERROR - There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event 'com.atlassian.fisheye.event.CommitEventImpl[source=chocos]' from the invoker 'com.atlassian.event.legacy.LegacyListenerHandler$LegacyListenerInvoker@168f6724'.

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.ChangeSet, but class was expected

at com.atlassian.notifier.fisheye.commit.CommitListener.handleEvent(CommitListener.java:52)

at com.atlassian.event.legacy.LegacyListenerHandler$LegacyListenerInvoker.invoke(LegacyListenerHandler.java:55)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher$2.run(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:60)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher$1.execute(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:28)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.dispatch(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:56)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.LockFreeEventPublisher$Publisher.dispatch(LockFreeEventPublisher.java:228)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.LockFreeEventPublisher.publish(LockFreeEventPublisher.java:83)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.event.FisheyeEventPublisher.publish(FisheyeEventPublisher.java:29)

at com.atlassian.event.legacy.LegacyEventManager.publishEvent(LegacyEventManager.java:36)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.event.FisheyeEventManager.publishEvent(FisheyeEventManager.java:28)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.CommitNotificationRepositoryListener$1.run(CommitNotificationRepositoryListener.java:73)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

And nothing occurs in JIRA. FishEye shows the change fine (and automatically links the JIRA bug entry)...

What am I missing. Has anyone succeeded in getting commit logs have an action on JIRA using the method documented in that post?

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

Jean-Yves

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2011

Hi,

We are currently implementing this feature to be part of FishEye 2.7 which will be released in a couple of weeks. As such, I would recommend that you do not follow the (outdated) instructions left on the blog and wait until FishEye 2.7 is released (due Sept 6th).

Regards,

Seb

Jean-Yves Avenard August 19, 2011

Thank you for this answer..

It's good to know. I had already looked at recompiling the fisheye jira plugin integrating the 3.1beta9 functionality.

Is there a possibility to have a test of the upcoming version as this is for evaluation purposes.

Thank you

seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2011

We are releasing a second EAP of FishEye in the next day, which supports creating and updating Crucible reviews from commits. However, we will not be bundling JIRA issue transitioning in this release as it requires upgrades to the JIRA FishEye plugin which is still undergoing QA review.

0 votes
Jean-Yves Avenard August 19, 2011

Looking into the source code of fisheye-plugin 3.1-beta2 ; there is a notification interface with a "commitnotification" servlet ; so you can call <tt style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, monospace; font-size: 13px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">/plugins/servlet/commitnotification&authenticationType=TRUSTED_APPS&username=charlie</tt>.

Now, this interface disappeared from later fisheye-plugin (3.1.0 and later) and I see that there is now a commithook interface.

Checking using JIRA Studio URL, that servlet is available there... Where can a fisheye jira pluging with the commit notifications be found ?

Suggest an answer