Accumulated Time and Time in Blocked State

We are using a Scrum process and have an issue were some of our teams are more effective at grooming stories then other teams. 

Is there any way to get metrics:

1. Accumulated time an issue is in a certain states? In this case BLOCKED
  2. Number of times an issue is assgined to a state? In this case BLOCKED.

Essentially, I want to know, issues FLINSTONE-393 was moved to BLOCKED 5 times for a total time of 38 hours in this state. 

1 answer

1 votes

At the moment, JIRA is not natively very good at tracking/calculating this information.  But there is a helpful KB on this over in Tracking the Time Taken for Each Workflow Transition.  There are at least two different add-ons to JIRA mentioned in that KB that might be useful in tracking that information.

Thanks I ended up using ScriptRunner to get the info I needed about how many times an issue is in a certain state. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,006 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot