Accounts, projects or labels?

Vinnie Morgan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2014

can you recommend what we should do...

1. we have multiple jobs / projects for clients that we manage in our project management software zoho projects
  2. we have some tickets that are created in JIRA
  3. we want to link these tickets by the job name so that we can track time

Solutions:

• we can't use projects as we link JIRA with Aha for roadmap development and planning
  • we can't use labels as these are not enfored and we can't time track from them
  • and the problem with using accounts is that there isn't a gadget to show all accounts

please advise

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2014

Hi Vinnie,

Have you considered Components?  These are specific by project and can be used in JQL queries, and are not ad-hoc like labels.  Project would be the ideal use case for this, however, so you might want to provide some more detail on why that cannot be used.

Cheers,

-dave

0 votes
Vinnie Morgan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2014

Hi David

Thanks for the reply

I've just read up on components, they are sub sections of a project and therefore wouldn't work either

We use Aha to define our product structure eg
Module A (Aha) -> Project A (JIRA)
Module B (Aha) -> Project B (JIRA) ...
Job (CRM) -> Account (JIRA)

I've setup accounts now as we need to time track and automatically report on that with the time estimated on the job. I've setup custom filters for each job - a little more effort but will work fine.

We developer booking software so I think this is the best setup?

Cheers, Vinnie
Booking Live 

Suggest an answer