Accessing transition dates in JIRA

Guilherme Peres August 12, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to populate a date custom field in JIRA through a groovy script using a date from a previous transition. I was trying to avoid SQL queries (even knowing that OS_HISTORYSTEP has the values that I want, specifically FINISH_DATE), and thought that ChangeHistoryManager would have what I need, but I don't see any methods to get the STEP_ID or ACTION_ID from ChangeHistories or ChangeItems. Since these are the ones I need for identifying my transition, is there any way to get them besides SQL? Or is there an easier way to do what I want?

(manually is not an option: there are 3000 issues in need of this)

Thank you!

Guilherme

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Of course the are values you are looking for - look for changes of field status.

Have a look at TransitionsManager.java from JIRA Suite Utilities - although written rather obsolete way...

Guilherme Peres August 12, 2013

Well, that was pretty straightforward. Sometimes I forget that status is also a field...

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer