Accessing the Activity tabs

Robert Rogerson December 13, 2013

I'm just learning Jira (JIRA v6.2-OD-03). Just under Activity are tabs All, Comments, Work Log, etc.

With the On-Demand version can I create a new tab and access it? What I'm trying do is create a list of parts related to the issue. I can do this by creating comments but I wondered if I could have a custom tab for this.

Or is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Thanks,

Rob

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Rogerson December 19, 2013

What I ended up doing was to create a custom field and then populate that. It was basically what Mauro had said but by creating a new field the description was not lost

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2013

Hi Robert,

Those tabs are not customisable on OnDemand as you'd require a script to do so.

What 'parts' related to an issue are you trying to display?

Cheers

Robert Rogerson December 13, 2013

Hi Mauro.

Here's what I'm actually trying to do. We have a home grown change management system so the source change options that JIRA has aren't an option.

So what I'm trying to do is update the JIRA issue with the objects (for example tables, indexs, programs, etc) that were installed in production related to the issue. I currently have this working by adding a comment with the objects.

For example

<th>Object</th><th>Type</th><th>Retired</th><th>Date</th><th>Time</th>
ST1525WP *TABLE N 12/12/13 02:24 PM
ST1527WP *TABLE N 12/12/13 02:24 PM

But I'm interested if there is a more eliquent way. That's why I was hoping I could modify one of the tabs or added a tab, that would have a table of the objects.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2013

I can't think of another way of doing it on OnDemand. :(

If you want to keep all the updates together, you could modify the Description of the issue and them all there. The Activity tab will show who made what changes and when.

Cheers

Suggest an answer