Access to parent issue field in in create sub-task listener

Deleted user March 16, 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to access parent issue fields in the "Create a Sub-Task" Builtin Listener.

I've tried the following:

issue.getParentObject().getDescription()

issue.parentObject.description

event.issue.description

But all I get is a null value.

My use case is that i want to copy the description and other values from the parent to the subtask when creating a new sub-task.

Does somebody have an idea how to access the parent values?

Regards,

Adrian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

I think the problem is that the subtask is still not created when the script is executed, so it still does not have parent issue. I also did not find the parrent issue anywhere in the context of the script.

As an alternative you might use the "Set Field Value from Parent" post function from JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin if you have it installed, so if you put this postfunction after create subtask postfinction it will set all the fields

Another alternative is to modify the built-in script to include the parent issue in the context of the script.

Something like the following should do the job (before line 116 in CreateSubTask.groovy)

transientVars.put("parentIssue", issue);

More info here - https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Built-InScriptsHackingNotes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events