Access to our old board

maia December 17, 2020

Hello,

We moved recently one of our projects to the new gen.
The problem is that we have no access to the old board with the old ticket any longer. As you can understand it is important to have the ability to see old comments and commits dine in the past.

How can we get our access back to our PR project (PRACTI) 

Thanks,

Maia Gordon

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi @maia,

I assume you migrated your issues from a classic project into a next gen project. In that process, you lose quite a bit of historical data as the configuration of those project types is quite different.

If you did migrate your issues, they are no longer in the old project. You should be able to see that from the issue key the issues now have in the new project. You could consider migrating them back, but quite a bit of the old information may have gone lost.

Have a look at this article on what goes lost (permanently). Specifically look into the paragraph Things to keep in mind if you migrate from classic to next gen.

maia December 19, 2020

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout !

We did migrate from classic to next-gen. 
So if I understand you correctly, i won't see my old board any longer?

And also, Where can I find this "issue key"?

Thanks again,

Maia.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2020

Hey @maia,

I guess you will still be able to see the old board/project, but most likely without any issues on them. After migrating, they were transferred to another project.

Each issue has a unique number that identifies it. That's the issue key. I would guess the issues in your all project were all numbered PRACTI-1, PRACTI-2, ... and so on. While after the migration I'm sure those issues will now have a different number, prefixed by the key of your new next-gen project. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events