Access to External Partners

Iresha Ricks April 8, 2024

Until JIRA Cloud is approved for Moderate Data, is there anyway to provide access to our external partners . We are currently set up SSO, SAML Launchpad where a user muse be credentialed with PIV to access system. Is there any work arounds to give our Non PIV holders access?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aditya_miniOrange April 12, 2024

Hi @Iresha Ricks 

I would like to suggest miniOrange's Share Jira with external customers app.

It lets you share your Jira issues with any user (even outside Jira user tier). Your external partners will be able to access shared Jira issues with these links. These links can be Password-protected or the validity of your shared issue can also be set to ensure secure access via link.

The external partners can view, add comments to those Jira projects, issues.

I hope that helps. Please raise a service request here and a miniOrange representative will help you with all the details.

PS: I work for miniOrange, One of the Security vendors in Atlassian Marketplace.

Thanks,

Aditya 

Iresha Ricks April 12, 2024

Thank you this is very helpful

0 votes
Becky Brooks - Visor for Jira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2024

Hi @Iresha Ricks ,

Full disclosure, I work at Visor. But this scenario is exactly one of the reasons our users use our bi-directional Jira integration; you can sync your Jira data into Visor, filter/format what you want others to see, and share with others. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226209/visor-spreadsheet-gantt-chart-for-jira-with-excel-export

Other than that, you can vote for these kinds of sharing features at Jira.

I hope that helps!

-- Becky

Iresha Ricks April 12, 2024

thank you for this information , however it looks like it is only compatiable with JIRA Cloud and we are using data center. 

Suggest an answer