Access Controls: Access Controls is required error

kdickason June 1, 2021

I am using Jira version 6.4.1 on a company server.  When any user (even a Project Admin) attempts to create an issue, after they fill out the form and attempt to submit it, they are now getting this error, "Access Controls: Access Controls is required."  The users have permissions to Create an Issue on the project.  Has anyone seen this error before or know how to resolve it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

You have a feild called "Access controls".  One of your admins has amended the field configuration for that issue type (or whole project), such that the field "Access controls" is, as it says, required.

Your people will need to put data into the "Access controls" field when they are creating the issue.

I assume, because you are asking this question, that the field is not being offered to them on the create issue screen, so they are not able to fill it in before, or when, they get this error message.

You'll need to get your administrators to do (at least one of):

• Make the field optional again in the field configuration
  • Add the field to the "create issue" screen (and consider adding it to the edit and maybe transistion fields if people might need to update it later)
kdickason June 1, 2021

THANK YOU. This was the issue. I thought it was some sort of authentication issue!!!!

Suggest an answer