About post function for update issue custom field

Huy Tran Cong April 2, 2021

Instead added a simple instruction by adding %% CURRNET_USER %%. in this case, I want to add user at custom field. For example the field "supporter". But I don't know what the command or JQL is like. please help me

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2021

Hi @Huy Tran Cong 

Welcome to the Community :)

I'd suggest doing this via Automation in Cloud, rather than a Post Function.

For example, to add the creating user to the field "Supporter" after an issue is created, you could:

1. Go to Project Settings > Automation
  2. Press the blue Create Rule button
  3. For the Trigger, select Issue Created
  4. Add an Action, Edit Issue. Select the field "Supporter" and choose to copy it from the Creator of the Trigger Issue (copy from... options can be accessed via the breadcrumbs menu (...))
  5. Give the rule a name and publish it

Let us know if this works for you, or if you'd like more assistance with your specific scenario, please provide more details!

Ste

Huy Tran Cong April 6, 2021

Thanks  for your answer.. I used "Automation" function and it worked. I find this function useful

1 vote
Answer accepted
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Hello, in the case of this postfunction which is "Update custom field value" you cannot enter other values similar to %% CURRNET_USER %% or %% CURRENT_DATEANDTIME %%. If what you need to do is copy the value of another user type field into a custom field, I recommend using the postfunction "Copy Value From Other Field"

Huy Tran Cong April 6, 2021

Thanks  for your answer. I don't use this function anymore. I use the other is automation function

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events