How i can migrate from jira 4.4 with MySql to jira 6.4 with PostgreSql?
I use these instructions:
But i constantly have error: (ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00).
1) I backup my data (xml file) from JIRA 4.4 with MySQL DB. — OK
2) Install JIRA 6.4 with MySQL. — OK
3) Restore data from xml backup. — OK
4) Backup data (xml file) from new JIRA 6.4 with MySQL DB. — OK
5) Install PostgreSQL 9.3 (supported by jira). — OK
6) Stop JIRA 6.4. Delete dbconfig.xml. Start JIRA 6.4.
7) Configure connection with PostgreSQL DB. — OK
8) On next configuring step i choose "Import data". — OK
9) Type backup file name. Insert license code. Start restore. — OK
10) I see parsing process. After few seconds i getting error message.
From the wording in the error it sounds like you might hitting the behavior described in the following article:
Try running the xmlcleaner and see if this helps out.
David Di Blasio
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs