Able to resolve ticket before sub-task is closed

I tried to follow the instruction here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/preventing-issues-from-being-closed-while-their-sub-task-are-still-open-724928276.html

Unable to edit that allows this workflow.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Nelson,

There is a Sub-Task Blocking Condition to block the parent issue's transition depending on sub-task status.  There is more info in the Configuring sub-tasks knowledge base article:

It is possible to restrict the progression of an issue through workflow depending on the status of the issue's sub-tasks. For example, you might need to restrict an issue from being resolved until all of its sub-tasks are resolved. To achieve this, you would create a custom workflow and use the Sub-task Blocking Condition on the workflow transitions that are to be restricted by the sub-tasks' status.

Cheers,

Branden

Thank you! I will take a look into it

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

207 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you