Ability to turn off Suggested Articles in Customer Portal?

Gail Tomlinson December 18, 2019

Is anyone aware if it is possible to turn off the suggested articles from populating in the customer portal, when the customer is filling out the summary field?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Hi @Gail Tomlinson ,

The only I know how to do this is to completely remove the Server Desk integration with Confluence knowledge base.

Gail Tomlinson December 23, 2019

Thank you very much, that is what I'm seeing as well. 

Tom Gaffney February 5, 2021

This can be done on the Server version from at least 8.5 by going to the project settings > Knowledge Base then scrolling down to "Auto-search on request forms". From there, you can turn on or off KB suggestions for each request type.

Like Andy Santos likes this
0 votes
Jelena July 20, 2022

You can use "Form" functionality (linked to the custom field) to display "Summary" field in the request form - then there will be no any article suggestions displayed to the customer.

0 votes
Naomi October 1, 2020

I am trying to do the same. I want our agents to use the knowledge base for work instructions that customers don't need to see. Has there been an update to this? 

Tom Gaffney February 5, 2021

For server: project settings > Knowledge Base then scrolling down to "Auto-search on request forms". From there, you can turn on or off KB suggestions for each request type.

Like # people like this
0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Let me know if this worked for you. 

Like Ivan Guerrero likes this
Gail Tomlinson December 23, 2019

Looks like the only way to do this is turning off the knowledge base. We can just work around this. Thank you!

Suggest an answer