Ability to lock out view-only users from updating custom statuses

Wayne Grebe November 13, 2012

I have created a "Contributors" Profile and user Group. These Contributors have minimal functionality (basically the same default functionality the "users" Group had). I did this so that I could remove the Role "user" from any update/edit functions. I approached it this way because apparently every Member needs to be part of the Group users, otherwise they cannot log on.

So by using the scheme above I have been able to restrict anyone only in the Group users to view-only functionality EXCEPT, they are still able to change the Status of an issue because the transition step buttons can still be clicked, thereby updating the Status field. They can perform this from the View Issue screen. I should mention, I have created mutilple custom statuses to break "In-Progress" down to finer granularity (e.g., Develop Business Rules, Develop Design, Coding and Unit Test, Acceptance Testing, etc).

How do I restrict the ability to update the Status field?

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2012

Edit the workflow - put "conditions" on to the transitions you want to stop them using.

Wayne Grebe November 13, 2012

Thanks Nic, that did the trick!

Suggest an answer