Ability to block Jira - Move option to specific Jira project

David Garrett May 3, 2022

We have a large number of Jira projects in our Cloud instance and want to block ability to move tickets from Jira projects to a specific Jira project. The problem is that all tickets for this specific project need to be created and go through an intake process. Being able to move tickets to this specific project circumvents this process.

In the specific project permissions, I have limited the ability to move tickets but this does not stop people from other projects from moving tickets in their projects to this specific project. I cannot go into all other projects and disable move as we want to be able to move tickets to other projects, just not one specific project.

How do I block moving of tickets to a specific software Jira project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

I'm afraid you can't do this, at least not in the way you want.

The only way to stop people moving issues into a project is to either

1) take away their permission to move issues (which will obviously stop them from moving issues out of the current project into any project), or

2) take away their right to create issues in the target project.

David Garrett May 5, 2022

Thank you for the response. I didn't think there was a viable option but I was holding out hope. We cannot do either of the suggested options so business will just need to monitor and correct people who move tickets to the specific project.

Suggest an answer