API - revoke/grant customers access to Service Desk Portal

Deleted user October 16, 2019

Hello everyone,

I would like to manage with API the revoke/grant access for customers created in Jira Service Desk Cloud.

When I try the "Disable user" request I get "401 unauthorized" while I'm using a valid API key. 

My role is site admin.

My questions :

- Why I'm "unauthorized" ?

- Can I revoke/grant customers' access with the previous "Disable user" request or I need to create those customers as users ?

- When I send "Get customers" request I get in JSON data {[...]"active": true, [...]}, is there a way to POST "active": false ? I found nothing about this in documentation.

- If all of this is impossible, do you know another way to indirectly manage customers' portal access ?

Thanks for your help,
Cheers,

Anne

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Anne Morel ,

There is no REST API endpoint currently available to revoke access to portal only customer. For this reason I have opened the below Feature Request on your behalf to have this functionality added:

You may want to vote and watch the above feature request so that you will get notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy

As a temporary workaround, assuming that your customers have managed accounts for the organization you are set as an administrator for (if any), you can convert the portal only customers into Atlassian Accounts with no application access (therefore they will not consume any license).

Please see below links for details:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Deleted user October 17, 2019

Hi @Dario B ,

Thanks for your help, I'll use the temporary workaround you suggested.

Cheers,

Anne

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

You are very welcome @[deleted] ! 

I am happy to know this helped.

Please make sure not to give any application access (Jira Core, Software, Service Desk or Confluence) to the portal only customers converted to  Atlassian Accounts  otherwise they will consume extra licenses and this will impact your bill.

Also, kindly spare some time to accept the answer if you have found it useful.

Have a nice day!

Dario

Deleted user October 18, 2019

Thanks for more details I'll pay attention.

It's done I accepted the answer =) sorry I thought vote was enought !

Cheers,

Anne

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2019

Thanks again @[deleted] ! :)

Ola Carlander May 30, 2022

Its been a couple of years :) Nothing new on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8533

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events