API for automating integrity check in Jira

Team,
Can you please let me know a way to automate the Integrity checks run in Jira.
Jira instance is of version v7.2.9 (jira server)
Is there an API that we can use?

Appreciate any inputs in this regard.

Thanks.
Deepa

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Deepa,

The REST API in Jira does not make this possible.   It's not clear to me if this can be called from the Java API at this time.

However I would not encourage the automating of this particular task.  This process should not have to be run regularly on the Jira instance.  It's really only there in order to try to help Jira recover from an unexpected problem with the database.

If you are seeing a need to regularly use this tool in order to fix something within Jira, then I would recommend further investigation into your environment so that we can better understand root cause and provide a better long term solution.

Regards,
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.

Our Org uses a 5 node cluster with large number of users. We have performance issues in a regular basis because of which we are running integrity checks regularly. It helps us identify few issues and get them cleared.

When ever we have some performance issues which makes the entire Jira go down, we bring in the atlassian support and work with them to find the rootcause. Analysis is an on going initiative for all key performance issues. 

Triggering Integrity check from the UI is a manual job that we are doing. So, thought we can use some APIs which is available to automate it or find any other possibilities.

Thanks,
Deepa

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot