API for automating integrity check in Jira

Deepa Tantry December 4, 2017

Team,
Can you please let me know a way to automate the Integrity checks run in Jira.
Jira instance is of version v7.2.9 (jira server)
Is there an API that we can use?

Appreciate any inputs in this regard.

Thanks.
Deepa

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Deepa,

The REST API in Jira does not make this possible.   It's not clear to me if this can be called from the Java API at this time.

However I would not encourage the automating of this particular task.  This process should not have to be run regularly on the Jira instance.  It's really only there in order to try to help Jira recover from an unexpected problem with the database.

If you are seeing a need to regularly use this tool in order to fix something within Jira, then I would recommend further investigation into your environment so that we can better understand root cause and provide a better long term solution.

Regards,
Andy

Deepa Tantry December 7, 2017

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.

Our Org uses a 5 node cluster with large number of users. We have performance issues in a regular basis because of which we are running integrity checks regularly. It helps us identify few issues and get them cleared.

When ever we have some performance issues which makes the entire Jira go down, we bring in the atlassian support and work with them to find the rootcause. Analysis is an on going initiative for all key performance issues. 

Triggering Integrity check from the UI is a manual job that we are doing. So, thought we can use some APIs which is available to automate it or find any other possibilities.

Thanks,
Deepa

Richard Cross September 14, 2021

Automation is not the only reason you might want to run this task via the REST API. 

The WebUI tends to take so long that your admin authentication has expired, which means the next page prompting you to fix the issues it has found will fail.

Kevin Dalton November 2, 2021

We have the same issue and have adjusted the Admin timeout to handle the this but automating this via the API for atleast once a month or twice a month would be very helpful.

Suggest an answer