API for Users

Dylan Chadinha November 19, 2019

Hi All,

Is there perhaps an API that recognizes the user when they login and prepopulates their information, for example once they login the following information is already there for a specific client:

Buying Organisation - (OrganisationTest)

Requested by - (Clients name)

Company or Department - (Clients company they work for)

Contact person - (Their contact details)

Email address - (Their email address)

Could the above be prepoulated by a plugin or API?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

Are you looking to populate custom fields? For instance, Requester already populates with the Jira user name for the requester, which has the email.  You can use the requester to populate custom fields during issue creation utilizing post-functions. You will need a plugin to allow you to do that. You also need a source for the data that you are populating. If you are using Azure AD and you have populated the data into the user record, you can utilize the Azure AD Attributes for Jira plugin. (Note: I have no connection to Deviniti, the plugin's publisher and have no experience with this specific plugin).

Dylan Chadinha November 19, 2019

Hi @C_ Derek Fields ,

Yes that is exactly what i need, Thank-You kindly for pointing me in the right direction.

Will look more into the plugin suggested.

Suggest an answer