API: changelog for Bug does not include sprint information

Deleted user January 8, 2019

I'm hitting this endpoint on the API and creating reports based on the changelog data.

https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/4/sprint/160/issue?startAt=0&expand=changelog,editmeta&fields=id,issuetype,created,key,summary,epic,customfield_11200,changelog,fixVersions&jql=issueType%20in%20(Story%2CTask%2CBug)

The weird thing I've run into is that I have come across issues, specifically a bug, that doesn't have a sprint value in the changelog even though it is in the sprint. If I hit the API for the issue, directly, I can see that it is in the sprint, but that does not help me.

Below consists of the only history items for this issue in the changelog. The bug was created and added to the sprint during the create process, but shouldn't that show up *somewhere*?

I'm trying to create a report to capture issues that were added to the sprint _after_ the sprint was started. In this particular example, this issue is never making it into the report because there is no data in the response connecting it to the sprint.

Anyone know a workaround or have experienced the same issue?

"histories": [
{
"id": "130062",
"author": {
},
"displayName": "xxxx",
"active": true,
"timeZone": "America/xxx"
},
"created": "2018-12-14T15:50:59.254-0700",
"items": [
{
"field": "resolution",
"fieldtype": "jira",
"fieldId": "resolution",
"from": null,
"fromString": null,
"to": "10000",
"toString": "Done"
},
{
"field": "status",
"fieldId": "status",
"from": "3",
"fromString": "In Progress",
"to": "10000",
"toString": "Done"
}
]
},
{
"id": "130061",
"author": {
},
"displayName": "xxxx",
"active": true,
"timeZone": "America/xxx"
},
"created": "2018-12-14T15:50:56.023-0700",
"items": [
{
"field": "status",
"fieldId": "status",
"from": "1",
"fromString": "Open",
"to": "3",
"toString": "In Progress"
}
]
}
]
}.....

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 10, 2019

Update from Atlassian:

We suspected that in some moment the bug was moved from one sprint to another, causing some inconsistency, but our suspicion was wrong.

Looking at the history of the issue, we could not see any information about the issue being added to the sprint. This happens when an issue is added to a sprint when it is created.

Looking at the description of this support ticket again, this part called our attention. This confirmed what we noticed:

The bug was created and added to the sprint during the create process, but shouldn't that show up somewhere?

We are afraid that Jira does not create a record on the changelog for adding to sprint action when an issue is created and added to the sprint during the creation process.

In this case, we would suggest you add a validator to your reports like when the sprint changelog is not visible but the issue belongs to a sprint, consider the issue creation date as the issue added to sprint event, if applicable.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you need any further assistance or if you have any other questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events