-Task A02

-Subtask A0201

-Project B

-Task B01

-Subtask B0101

+Employe B

+Employe C

(...)

So I want to see Tasks and Subtasks by Employe.

Problem: There are subtasks in the list assigned to other people than the "root".

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Sascha

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

Hi @Sascha We

Can you confirm that you are grouping by "Assignee" on the first level?

tagging: @Dave Rosenlund 

Regards

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

Fabian is on the right track, @Sascha We.   Can you share a pic/copy of your Generators, please?

We'll get you sorted.

-dave

Sascha We December 28, 2021

Thank you for your answers! Here comes the picture.

gens.jpg

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 28, 2021

Hello @Sascha We ,

David from ALM Works here.  It would be helpful to understand more about your goal with this structure.  

My initial take is that it appears you want to see all of the work assigned to each user.  You start by inserting your epics then extending to their tasks and again by sub-tasks.  You then want to ensure that all of the issues listed are assigned to the user listed at the top level.

Do I have this correct? If I do, there are some follow-up questions.

Does the assignee of the Epic matter, or is it just the assignee of Tasks and Sub-tasks you want to show under each user?

When there is a mismatch, sub-task assignee & task assignee do not match, where would you expect to see them?  
(in your example, Task A01 and Subtask A0102 (Employe B) do not match.  Where would you expect to see Subtask A0102 (Employe B) in the structure, if at all?

Please also feel free to contact us directly via support@almworks.com or through our customer portal support.almworks.com.

I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Sascha We December 29, 2021

Hi David, thanks for your reply :-)

Yes, my goal is to see all open work assigned to each user starting by User > Project > (Epic) > Task > Subtask.

Epics would be nice so all jira "hierarchy elements" would be used. When the task is assigned to another person B this task should be visible to keep the hierarchy structure to the subtask assigned to user A (root of tree element)

When there is a mismatch, A0102 doesn't have to appear in the list because it's not assigned to "root user".

Vice versa, when a subtask is assigned to a user A but the epic/task (parent) is assigned to another user B, the task must be shown for user A. This is also a problem because these tasks are not shown in the moment.

Best regards,
Sascha

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 29, 2021

Hello @Sascha We ,

You are very welcome!  

Thank you for the additional information.  I apologize since I don't fully understand the hierarchy you are looking to build yet.  

Could you please contact us directly via support@almworks.com or through our customer portal support.almworks.com?

We will be able to expedite the conversation there.  I will keep an eye out for the request.

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
January 3, 2022

Hello @Sascha We

Thank you for reaching out to our support team to discuss your use case and potential solutions!

We identified that the important piece of work to group by assignee was the sub-task.  The structure would look like

Assignee (on sub-task) > Project > Task > Sub-Task

In order to build this hierarchy where the sub-tasks would all match the Assignee group at the top level, we would need the ability to Group Sub-Tasks by their Task.  This unfortunately is not available at the moment.  We do have a task in our backlog for this functionality and have listed your interest there for notification in the future.

What we were able to do was find a workaround where we can use the Quick Filters functionality to drill down to a specific assignee.

We start by using an Insert Generator to add our Tasks, then extend to Sub-Tasks.  We then Group by Project.  At this point, we have Project > Task > Sub-Task which includes everyone's sub-tasks.

Lastly, rather than Group by Assignee we are creating a Quick Filter for each assignee, which is set to filter on the Sub-Task level of the hierarchy.  In doing this, we see Project > Task > Sub-Task (specific assignee).

Hopefully this workaround was useful for you and everyone who may be looking to build a similar structure in the future!

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Suggest an answer