It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

ADDING A STORY STATUS TO THE BACKLOG VIEW

I would like to understand how i can add a story status so it shows in the backlog view - it would be useful to get this overall at a glance view , so the stories that are not in a sprint. Thanks

1 answer

Hello @Victoria Butterfield

I am not quite sure what you mean with "story status". But from the last part of the question "so the stories that are not in a sprint" I translate to that you want to see all stories in the backlog that is currently not in a sprint. This can be easily done by a quick filter. 

• Go to the board/backlog that you want to see the stories in
  • In the right corner, press Board -> Configure then go to quick filter
  • There add a quick filter to hide it, I made it work with this query (can be modified to fit your needs). Click the image to view it.

image.png
  • Now go back to your board and you see the quick filter above your backlog/board with the name you chose at the previous step (in my example it is "Hide stories in sprints"). 
  • Click that filter and every story that is not in a sprint should show up

I'm sorry if I didn't understand your question, please comment this post if you need additional help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you