ACP 100: Specific Service Desk Knowledge

Hannes October 28, 2019

Hallo everybody!

I'm going for the ACP 100 Certification! My experience is focused on JIRA Core and JIRA Software, also I got familiar with all Global Admin Settings.

Regarding JIRA Service Desk I have a basic understanding of:

- Reports and Gadgets

- Boards and Issue Types

- in general: What's Service Desk and what are common use cases?

My question is: How deep should my knowledge regarding Service Desk be? Do I have to be an Service Desk expert or is a general understanding sufficient? For example I have no idea how familiar I'd be with these topics:

- Permissions

- SLA Calenders

- Approvals

- Customer Portal

- Knowledge BAse

Best Hannes

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

Hi,

JSD isn't mentioned in the Exam Topics for ACP-100

Don't worry about this, all JSD details are examined in ACP-400 

You're facing a very hard exam so prepare well and I truly recommend the Cert Prep 

Good luck! šŸ†

Kay M April 11, 2020

Hi @Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_ I am prepping for ACP-100, but have a very basic question. I am preparing with Jira Software docs and that's what I have used majority. Does ACP-100 cover Jira Core as well and or we supposed to download the document for Jira Core as well to study through. Since the latest ACP-100 topic shows Enterprise Versions and EV is not avl for Core, my understanding is that it covers only Software. When you all took the exam, the topic would have had Jira Version x, as enterprise is a recent update. Can you please clarify these for me based on your testing experience: Did it cover Core concepts as well, whether we need to study Core doc and practice all the relevant topics on Core as well. Thank you

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2020

Hi @Kay M 

Jira Core is just a subset of Jira Software, for example Core has only the business project templates. As an admin you can assign users to only Core or Software.

So, if you know JSW and have worked with those business templates, you'll be fine. An easy way is to quickly install just a Core version and you'll immediately see the limitations compared to JSW.

Like ā€¢ Kay M likes this
Kay M April 15, 2020

@Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_As it appears, I need to get a trial license to add Jira Core users in my JSW. If I create a project with business template and login as a user who only has that business project access, I think I will get the difference in terms of projects. As such to know the difference between system & jira admin permissions between Core vs JSW, I am not able to install Core on any system. Do you know of any that you can remember or any useful links that provide. Thanks.

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2020

Hi @Kay M ,

you could use a Docker image while studying.

Jira on Docker is officially supported for Jira 8.0 or later.

https://hub.docker.com/u/atlassian

Suggest an answer