• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

A new user was created, but a password error was prompted when logging in Edited

A new user was created, but a password error was prompted when logging in

“Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.”

log:tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

New users need to set permissions separately? If necessary, where to set it

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The reason for the problem is that the full name is logged in as userid instead of the value of the user name field.

I'm sorry. I made the lowest mistake

Hello @cheung

depending on how you created your users they receive different default groups. For example with jira servicedesk, a customer that was added to your instance does by default not belong to any groups and has therefore no permission to access anything but the customer portal.

In your case it seems, that the default groups relevant to accessing products were not given to your new user (let's call him Jim). Therefore we need to go to the Administrative Panel → Applications → Application Access and take a look at which groups can access the application, and what you defaults are. Then we can take a look at jim, and if he really doesnt have the required group, well we can give it to him 😊 

Hope this was a help. Cheers,

Andrej from greenique

Thank you. I've found the reason. I confused the fields of full name and user name

0 votes

Hi,

add the new user to one of the jira groups used to grant access to the Jira application (jira-users, jira-software,...). The user must be member of one of theses groups to get a Jira license. Check the application configuration page in the admin section of your server.

Best

JP

@cheung Jira admin can give access to the application by going to -> Jira Administration  -> user management and search for the particular user and click on user -> In application access give neccessary application access for the user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you