A new user was created, but a password error was prompted when logging in

cheung January 2, 2020

A new user was created, but a password error was prompted when logging in

“Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.”

log:tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

New users need to set permissions separately? If necessary, where to set it

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cheung January 4, 2020

The reason for the problem is that the full name is logged in as userid instead of the value of the user name field.

I'm sorry. I made the lowest mistake

0 votes
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

@cheung Jira admin can give access to the application by going to -> Jira Administration  -> user management and search for the particular user and click on user -> In application access give neccessary application access for the user.

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

Hi,

add the new user to one of the jira groups used to grant access to the Jira application (jira-users, jira-software,...). The user must be member of one of theses groups to get a Jira license. Check the application configuration page in the admin section of your server.

Best

JP

0 votes
Andrej Freeze greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2020

Hello @cheung

depending on how you created your users they receive different default groups. For example with jira servicedesk, a customer that was added to your instance does by default not belong to any groups and has therefore no permission to access anything but the customer portal.

In your case it seems, that the default groups relevant to accessing products were not given to your new user (let's call him Jim). Therefore we need to go to the Administrative Panel → Applications → Application Access and take a look at which groups can access the application, and what you defaults are. Then we can take a look at jim, and if he really doesnt have the required group, well we can give it to him 😊 

Hope this was a help. Cheers,

Andrej from greenique

cheung January 4, 2020

Thank you. I've found the reason. I confused the fields of full name and user name

Suggest an answer