A broad question about sub-tasks

paul vinter October 27, 2013

Hi there,

This may be too broad to answer but I guess I am seeking opinion.

I am working on workflows which revolve around the creation of an article, from commissioning, throught writing, to proofing and publication on a website at which point the issue is closed. This element of the workflow remains clear to me.

I do have a requirement within these workflows however for the document to go to translation - this is essentially a branching off of the workflow which would run in addition to the above order. Would logic and experience suggest that translation is a sub-task? Is there a way that the issue cannot be closed until that sub-task (translation) is completed?

Thanks for any insight.

Best wishes

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Hi Paul,

Yes you can block the parent issue transition using subtask blocking condition. Take a look at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA040/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-conditions

If all translation tasks are related to the article (main issue), then there is no reason why you should not create them as subtasks.

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer