404 Oops, you've found a dead link.

mahibur.rahman November 22, 2016

Hello, after adding 2-Factor Auth Secure Login to Jira, we get 404 Oops, you've found a dead link after entering PIN

5 answers

0 votes
Geoffrey Kismet September 15, 2018

I know this is old, but had a similar issue when I upgraded from 7.12.0 to 7.12.1; found that the Context Path was dropped in the upgrade for some reason. I also cleared the paths mentioned above and didn't appear to help, but might be worth doing and checking your Context path is correct in <jira_install>/conf/server.xml ( see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-base-url-938847830.html ) (Of course in my setup I've got it behind a reverse proxy setup, so if you've got the same issue, yours might be different)

Balaguru Gupta October 29, 2018

I've got the similar issue in 7.6.2 version as well

0 votes
Alexander Kueken December 1, 2016

We released Version 1.2.1 of Secure Loin for JIRA on Tuesday. It should solve the problem with the 404 messages after entering the PIN. It had been a problem with the URL forwarding in certain circumstances. But now the plugin uses relative URLS for the forwarding, and in all reproducable situations this version fixed the problem.

0 votes

Apart from my Admin account all users get a HTTP Status 400 instead of the prompt to add PIN, can anyone help?

0 votes
Alexander Kueken November 22, 2016

Dear Mahibur,

sorry for the inconvenience with that. There sneaked a little bug into the plugin. In result the forwarding mechanism after entering the pin successfully, results in the 404 error message. This happens especially on instances without the JIRA or confluence context in the URL.

A fix for that is already developed and currently be tested. So I am confident, we will provide a bugfix release in the next days.

Regards,
Alexander 

Thanks Alexander, can you help with the HTTP Status 400 error - The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect?

This only happens to some users.

Atlassian Partner _Cententia_ November 25, 2016

Hi Alexander,

we are facing a similar problem. After successfully entering a pin we get redirected back on the same page to re-enter the pin with target the Logout page, which doesn't make sense.

http://localhost:8080/jira/plugins/servlet/twofactor/validatepin?target=http://localhost:8080/jira/Logout.jsp

Any chance fro a fix?

Thanks.

Mark Seymour December 1, 2016

We are facing the same error however it is right after we click "Export project".

Is there anything we can try? Is there a new version?

I have installed the plugin and clicked the link and that's as far as I can get in my testing. smile

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

It is usually caused by plugin cache. 

Please perform the following to see if the issue is fixed:
1. Shutdown JIRA
2. Delete the following hidden plugin cache directories: 
1) JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
2) JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
3. Restart JIRA (These directories will be recreated on JIRA reboot with new plugin cache)

Suggest an answer