404 Oops, you've found a dead link, after JIRA update to 7.4.3

Elicia Syson September 20, 2017
Version7.4.3
Build Number74005
Build DateMon Aug 21 00:00:00 EDT 2017
Build Revisiond9f4f070125e6f53d367dd8169afdb727b8e7897
Atlassian Partner 
Installation TypeStandalone

Health Check Fails, cannot even run it because of the dead link!

Can''t do anything after the recent update to 7.4.3 without getting an OOPS error.

Stopped Jira. deleted the .bundled-plugins and .osgi-plugins directories, restarted JIRA. all to no avail.

Still broken links everywhere. Now,  I wish I would nowhave updated because it was working fine before the update.

Desperately need help.

2 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

We found in a support case that the JIRAINSTALL/conf/server.xml file appears to have been changed or reverted to the default values.

However in this case, Elicia's Jira instance was being accessed on a context path of http://hostname:8080/jira/

The problem here is that since Jira's Tomcat instance was not defined at the time to server Jira in the context of that '/jira/' path, the site did not load as expected in some browsers.   What was strange here was that other browsers did not appear to have this problem, and the logs in Jira did not clearly show any errors in regards to Jira not working as expected.

In that server.xml file, it looked like this:

<Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

And we changed it to this:

<Context path="/jira" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

Once you make that change and save your changes, you will need to restart JIRA for your changes to take effect.

Douglas Gaskell October 1, 2018

This was my problem upgrading to 7.11.x, along with all my other proxy settings being cleared on upgrade. Why is Jira doing this?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2018

These files exist in the $JIRAINSTALL directory.  Any file in that path can be altered by an upgrade.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2017

Hi Elicia,

Sorry to hear about your upgrade problem here.  I have created a support ticket so that we can gather some logs from your system.  You should have a request sent to the same email address as your community account that you can respond to.  With those logs from the Jira system, we should be better able to help troubleshoot this upgrade problem.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer