2 Transitions and 1 is under More button

Rebecca C December 3, 2021

JIRA documentation says that the default for transition buttons is 2.  I have only 2 buttons (Approve & Decline) associated with a step in my workflow.  The approve button shows i the View screen but the Decline option is under More.

I am using opsbar-sequence or organize transitions in my workflow but even if I remove them for this particular transition it does not change things.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

2 answers

0 votes
Rebecca C December 6, 2021

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

Hi Rebecca,

That is odd, I would expect both to appear next to the More button and against the Workflow button. Can you screenshot the situation so we have some context? Cheers!

Rebecca C December 6, 2021

The project is a JSM project.  You can see the decline button is under More instead of next to it.  I did have a Cancel transition in this part of the workflow which had the Decline button next to More and Cancel was under the More transition but we would prefer to eliminate the Cancel option.

Capture.PNG

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi Rebecca,

It seems like it is "working as expected," but not the best for you. There is a request for control of this with Atlassian: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-37873 . Cheers!

Rebecca C December 8, 2021

Josh - the documentation says the default # of transitions that should show before they start showing under the More button are 2.  I only have 2 buttons so it seems like Decline should be showing outside of the More button.
Thank you for the link to the request - will definitely check it out!

Like Joshua Sneed Contegix likes this

Suggest an answer