2 JIRA Instances and 1 SVN repository

Hi together,

I have an old project "Test" in one JIRA instance and another new project "Test" in the other JIRA instance.

The old project has a connection to a SVN repository. The SVN link is created if you comment in SVN f.e. with "[Test-123] xyz..."

What will happen if I connect the new project with the same SVN repository and after some issues I will have the issue number 123 and the SVN link will start with "[Test-123] xyz.." like in the old project. So after a while the issue number in the new project with the same name will overtake the issue number in the old project and then we will have a problem with the SVN links because you have "[Test-123]" twice.

So concretly what will happen there?

And what should I do to circumvent eventual problems? 

Best regards

Serdengecti

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Sep 05, 2017

Hi Serdengecti,

what will happen is, that one SVN commit is linked to two Jira issues in two different Jira instances. But I think, you know this already...

I would create a new project with a new project key (not Test) and move all the issues from your new Test-project to this one.

So they get a new key and you have no problem with SVN.

Thanks for your answer.

But we also have problems with the migration. During the migration the Subversion ALM entries will disappear.

How can I solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Serdengecti

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,104 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot