how to manage different issues between different project in the same sprint.

marshal August 7, 2021

as title,

if i use the administrator, i can create scrum board, and then create new sprint that include different issue. but if i am the user, it not work, i can not create it, this button is dusty as below,

if i am user permission, in the board screen, i will create new sprint.

user.png

when i switch administrator, the button shows.

admin.png

seem like it affect by some permissions, but what type of permission on it. how to grant the user use this function?

thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2021

Hi @marshal 

To create new Sprint user need to have Manage Sprints permission on all projects associated with board filter (you can check board filetr projects on board configuration in general menu).

conf.png

Additionally if your board Saved filter is complexJira Software will require users to have the 'Manage Sprints' permission for all projects in the instance — essentially, you'll need to manually set users to have this permission for all projects.

A filter query is considered complex when Jira Software can't determine which projects will be returned by the query. 

Best regards,

Piotr

Suggest an answer