View for the administrator

Harender Singh June 25, 2020

I think there should be an option on cloud subscription for the JIRA administrator to view and use the product as a normal user. This will reduce admin related options on the website. At times it becomes difficult to work only on your own tasks. 

6 answers

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2020

One last thing, I think the free training that is offered is well worth the time to get a good handle on best practices. I tried learning it without the training and I'm just now able to wrap my head around a project I created that is totally independent of other projects we use. If you aren't careful what you do globally will a lot of times bollox up other projects and then you have to untangle it all. Good luck with it.

0 votes
Harender Singh June 29, 2020

yeah, that's true.

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2020

I don't know of any way to be in both roles at the same time. You will find there are very easy ways to do things in Jira and there are some things that are almost impossible unless you can write code or are able to purchase add-ons. It can be very frustrating.

0 votes
Harender Singh June 28, 2020

Hey Danno,

Thanks for the reply. 

However, i meant to work as a normal user(create/update tasks) while being admin at the same time.

For this, may be we can provide an option under profile to switch the views?

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2020

Harender,

Create a user or even a "hidden" project for testing your changes. Then when you need to find out how a change works you can log in as that user from their profile and try it out.

0 votes
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2020

@Harender Singh Hello and welcome! I'm going to go ahead and move your post to the Jira collection. 😄

Suggest an answer