Using the functionality of jql search bar in custom addon

Kirubel Tesfaye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2018

Hi all,

I wanted to know if it is possible to add the jql search bar to a custom addon that is used as in house tool. Like adding the functionality of google search into a web page.

2 answers

0 votes
Kirubel Tesfaye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Thanks @Rachel Wright for your helpful suggestion, but what I wanted to do is validate the jql string entered by the user, like in the advanced jql search bar.

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2018

Hi @Kirubel Tesfaye, I don't fully understand what you're trying to do, but you can at least append JQL search information to the Jira search URL.

For example: 

If you were to collect the search string  assignee = currentUser() and status = open in your tool, then could send your user to the URL:

yourjiraurl.com/issues/?jql=[STRING]

Ex: yourjiraurl.com/issues/?jql=assignee%20%3D%20currentUser()%20and%20status%20%3D%20open

Hope this helps or at least gets you closer to what you're trying to do!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Suggest an answer