Theme Up Jira Software

Madhu Reddy June 23, 2020

My team feels that Jira is having a Very Basic look and feel.

Is there any Theme addons available to configure Jira Software look and feel.

Or any Suggested way to Add HTML and CSS styles would be helpful for us.

Suggestions Please.

Thanks
Madhu

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2020
0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2020

Hi there,

To apply custom JavaScript/CSS it is usually recommended to use "Announcement banner" - reason is that this loads on each page in Jira.

So for example we would have .js .css files stored on the file system, and just source them in the announcement banner easily with:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/atlassian/jira.css" media="all">
<script type="text/javascript" src="/atlassian/jira.js"></script>

If that is not enough then apart from the Look and Feel as Jimmy suggested, you likely might need to modify some source files to do it (https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/) - but I for one really do not see this as a good option at all - let alone maintaining that whenever you do an upgrade.

I would kinda think that there should be a plugin out there to manage all the custom settings though, but not sure either.

Good luck,

//R

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

Hi @Madhu Reddy,

I'm not aware of anything that is able to do what you are requesting, and a quick search on the marketplace doesn't return any results.

Sorry I can't really offer much more help.

-Jimmy

0 votes
Madhu Reddy June 23, 2020

Hi @Jimmy Seddon,  I have seen that where we only have options lo add colours  to Buttons and top navigation bars.  

Is there anything related to Side navigation bars and Project settings and I would lime to add background colors and images to All pages. 

Thanks

Madhu

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2020

Hi @Madhu Reddy,

Have you checked out some of the admin options that are already available in Jira Server to do this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-look-and-feel-of-your-jira-applications-938846975.html

You might not need anything additional.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer