Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

The "Everything Else" board swimlane

Hi. I've been experimenting with swimlines on our Jira board. I added two to show different issue types. The problem was that the "Everything Else" default swimlane always appeared at the bottom of the board. This isn't what we wanted. I looked into moving it up, but you can't move it.

I got my thinking hat on. Maybe if I created a swimlane that mimiced the "Everything Else" default swimlane. In our case, that meant excluding the two issue types shown in the other two swimlanes.

Bingo! Now not only do we have the "Everything Else" swimlane where we want it, but we can call it something more descriptive (in our case "Feature). What's more, the Everything Else swimlane isn't duplicated at the bottom.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 08.59.19.png

Leaving this here in case it proves useful to others.

1 comment

Kishan Sharma Community Leader Aug 04, 2021

Very useful solution, thank you @Colum McAndrew

Like Colum McAndrew likes this

I'm glad you find it useful. It surprised me that the "Everything Else" swimlane wasn't duplicated. I guess it is clever enough to notice that the custom query mimics it, so it isn't displayed.

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you