The "Everything Else" board swimlane

Colum McAndrew August 4, 2021

Hi. I've been experimenting with swimlines on our Jira board. I added two to show different issue types. The problem was that the "Everything Else" default swimlane always appeared at the bottom of the board. This isn't what we wanted. I looked into moving it up, but you can't move it.

I got my thinking hat on. Maybe if I created a swimlane that mimiced the "Everything Else" default swimlane. In our case, that meant excluding the two issue types shown in the other two swimlanes.

Bingo! Now not only do we have the "Everything Else" swimlane where we want it, but we can call it something more descriptive (in our case "Feature). What's more, the Everything Else swimlane isn't duplicated at the bottom.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 08.59.19.png

Leaving this here in case it proves useful to others.

2 comments

Comment

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Very useful solution, thank you @Colum McAndrew

Like Colum McAndrew likes this
Colum McAndrew August 4, 2021

I'm glad you find it useful. It surprised me that the "Everything Else" swimlane wasn't duplicated. I guess it is clever enough to notice that the custom query mimics it, so it isn't displayed.

Alison Milne November 23, 2023

Great solution. Love it.

Like Colum McAndrew likes this
Colum McAndrew December 8, 2023

Glad you've found it useful Alison.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events