Switching accounts from work to personal on the fly

MH January 20, 2019

Good day,

I'm as new to JIRA and to confluence as new can be. I'm not sure if this is already something that's available and I just don't know how to do it, but I have two accounts: My personal account that I'm training on at home in order to keep my training garbage out of my work's setup, and the setup that we use at work.

Right now for example, to switch from my work to my personal account, I log out of JIRA, log out of my Google work account, log into Google with my personal account, navigate back to JIRA and log in to JIRA again with my personal account. Is there a way for me to not have to do this?

Thanks! :)

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

I'm afraid not directly, as this is what "SSO" is supposed to do.

The usual "tricks" are to use two different browsers, each logged in to a different account, or the "privacy mode" most of them have nowadays.

0 votes
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

If you use Chrome, an extension like SessionBox might do the trick.

0 votes
MH January 21, 2019

Thank you.

Suggest an answer