Project Suggestions

Andrés Vallenas September 19, 2017

I've entered a new company and they are trying to use Jira. We all are new to this. What I've found out is that we are developing one product, and they have several projects for every Delevop Team (iOS, Android, Windows, etc). We want to use Epics in order to filter the issues. I don't know if i could use the Compounents option to categorize some of the issues instead of Epics, because we thought we could use same epics in different projects.

I'm looking for more tips about issues types, ways to categorize, and good use of Epics. This is a product that will be going on stores soon and, unfortunately, will be receiving new feedback from now on. Should we start a new whole project involving everything? so we would have only one compounent for each epic that we use to categorize? Or just leave those epics as categories?

I now is up to us, but I want advices please.

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Hey Andres,

I would suggest having the entire product under one project and then splitting out multiple Components.  You can then create boards for each team (based on Components) to track specific work.  

This will also allow you to mark Epics with more then one Component if more than one team needs to do work on them (rather than mirroring Epics across projects).  

Your teams could then create Stories under the Epics to track individual team's work (and plan Sprints based on those Stories).

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Suggest an answer