Migration to Agile JIRA

Kalpana Pugazhendi April 10, 2017

Hello,

We are getting migrated from Pivotal Tracker to Agile-JIRA. I have exported a csv file from Pivotal tracker. When I tried to import that in Agile-JIRA, few columns in the CSV file is not matched and hence migration is not successful.

Columns: Iteration Start Date, Iteration End Date, Sub-Tasks, Sub-Tasks Status.

Could you please help in identifying the right columns in Agile-JIRA for migration. 

Also, is there any other way like an online tool to convert the columns that are compatible with Agile-JIRA. Thanks in advance!

9 answers

0 votes
Daniel Serodio February 9, 2018

@Kalpana, did you solve you import problems? I am running into a very similar problem and I was wondering if you managed to import using CSV since the Pivotal Tracker Importer is no longer supported.

0 votes
Daniel Serodio February 9, 2018

Unfortunately, for Jira Cloud, the documentation states:

The Pivotal Tracker importer is no longer supported by Atlassian, but you can still import data with a CSV file.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2017

Hi Kaplana - the table in the guide seems to mention which columns would be imported by this method. Did any of those not get imported?

For your missing columns and sub-tasks, your admin could use the standard CSV importing functionality to update the issues with the missing data. Check out the 'Update existing issues' and 'Creating sub-tasks' sections.

0 votes
Kalpana Pugazhendi April 12, 2017

@Sam Hall - The JIRA admin tried the import and only 9 out of 19 columns got migrated. 

While trying to migrate subtasks, it is failinng. Can you pls share the steps to migrate the subtasks from Pivotal to Agile-JIRA. Thanks in advance!

0 votes

Oh ok, Sam. Thanks for the confirmation!

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

Yes. You need to be a member of a group with "JIRA Administrators" global permission

(I checked on JIRA Server v7.3)

0 votes

Tried it. But looks like only Admin with Global permission can see the option of doing Settings -> System. Select Import & Export > External System Import. I dont see this option under Settings in Agile-JIRA. Please confirm.

0 votes

Thanks, Sam for your quick reply!!

Will give it a try!

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2017

Hi Kalpana - You don't need to use a csv if you follow the guide here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/importing-data-from-pivotal-tracker-861253700.html

Suggest an answer