Jira to Slack connection is fine, Slack to Jira is not

Matthew Hood May 23, 2019

We are trying to use the Jira Server for Slack application to connect Slack and our on-prem Jira server (well, our QA server at the moment). The connection works fine from Jira to Slack, but from the Slack side it cannot seem to connect. 

We are running behind an Apache reverse proxy that launches a CAS single-sign-on before passing you through to Jira and our firewall people have all our qa servers pretty nailed down, but I have put in firewall rules from all of the domains I can think of for Slack.  

How can I fix this?

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 11.40.57 AM.png

As I said, the Jira side of things works fine - I can hook it up to our Slack workspace and to a specific channel in Slack - so Jira-initiated connections make it to Slack just fine, but my guess is that slack-initiated connections won't get through to Jira. There must be a way to make this work even with the CAS and Firewall rules...

1 answer

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2019

Hi,

check it with your firewall admins. Pretty sure the issue is on this side.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer