• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Jira Insight Questions and Answers

I'd like to start a thread that exchange questions and answers about setting up and use Jira Insight. Ideally, I'd like to see an Insight user group in this community, but I don't know how to get such a group up. Hope other Insight users exchange ideas in this thread, or help to set up an Insight User group. Thanks!

2 comments

I like the idea of communities around partucular apps/addons. Though it may get a bit unwieldy with the size of the marketplace.

We use Insight, its a pretty complex addon. and could use the focus.

The community board chose not to do this because there's no way to know where to draw the lines in terms of size, and it might be unfair on newer apps and vendors. 

We started the examples with things like Tempo, Insight, Zephyr - things that added a lot of functions, but then do you go down to popular stuff like Jira Suite and Toolkit that just add functions that are part of Jira?  Then there's the scriptrunner example where there's one for each of the main three products - is that 3 groups or 1?  For new vendors, is is fair that the older ones have groups while newer stuff is ignored until it meets some line?

That discussion turned into a bit of a minefield, and ended up in "use the marketplace-apps category and labels that match each product is about all we can agree on".

But, what we do encourage is vendors to write article on specific subjects - those would be ideal for a string of articles on Insight.  @Erica Moss  and @Bridget Sauer are the people to ask about article writing

Like Andrew Laden likes this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you