Jira Insight Questions and Answers

Helen October 4, 2019

I'd like to start a thread that exchange questions and answers about setting up and use Jira Insight. Ideally, I'd like to see an Insight user group in this community, but I don't know how to get such a group up. Hope other Insight users exchange ideas in this thread, or help to set up an Insight User group. Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

The community board chose not to do this because there's no way to know where to draw the lines in terms of size, and it might be unfair on newer apps and vendors. 

We started the examples with things like Tempo, Insight, Zephyr - things that added a lot of functions, but then do you go down to popular stuff like Jira Suite and Toolkit that just add functions that are part of Jira?  Then there's the scriptrunner example where there's one for each of the main three products - is that 3 groups or 1?  For new vendors, is is fair that the older ones have groups while newer stuff is ignored until it meets some line?

That discussion turned into a bit of a minefield, and ended up in "use the marketplace-apps category and labels that match each product is about all we can agree on".

But, what we do encourage is vendors to write article on specific subjects - those would be ideal for a string of articles on Insight.  @Erica Moss  and @Bridget Sauer are the people to ask about article writing

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

I like the idea of communities around partucular apps/addons. Though it may get a bit unwieldy with the size of the marketplace.

We use Insight, its a pretty complex addon. and could use the focus.

Suggest an answer