cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Ops/Ops Genie & Insight for JIRA

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

I wonder about possibilities and potential use case for integration:
- Ticket Mgmt in JIRA/JIRA SD/JIRA Ops
- integrated with OpsGenie and monitoring
- integrated with Asset Mgmt from Inisght
- integrated with STatus Page.

Really complex IT Operations platform. Knowing a bit about such integrations from my past experience (JIRA + Ralph Asset Mgmt + Zaabix/Nagios monitoring) I realize there is a number of design/implementation pinpoints:

- correct and unified identification of asset/item generating event/incident (reference of monitoring/Ops tool to Insight Object)
- rules to raise defined ticket in JIRA (conditions, triggers, frequency and latency to avoid multiple issues referring to the same event)
- reference of event status changes to asset status changes and to issue status/step
- multi-directional synchronisation of data

And that's the simple case. Adding to this some focal points like possible Insight synchronisations with primary sources (SCCM, AWS, Azure, etc.) and more natural integration of events/ops SW with those primary sources, adding the CRON intervals used "by default" in Insight synchronisations (and related to these syncs system/resource loads) plus lack of "pushed"/"pulled" events natively in Insight - issue is quite complex.

However - it is vital for successful ITSM/OPS/DEVOPS supporting tools implementation.

1 comment

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @PJ Wysota ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😃

With the latest Atlassian product offerings, once you subscribe to the Jira Service Management cloud, you'll have a subordinated Opsgenie instance created and the Insight feature also comes out of the box of your Jira Service Management. 

It would be also great to spin up your Jira Software cloud and Statuspage instances on the same Atlassian Site to unify all your subscriptions in one place.

With that, we are confident that you will have a seamless integration workflow across them and many additional benefits for DevOps and ITSM such as Major Incidents management.

Here are some documents for your further reference:

What is Insight in Jira Service Management Cloud

Get to know Opsgenie

What are Major Incidents

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events