It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA Ops/Ops Genie & Insight for JIRA Edited

Przemek Wysota Sep 10, 2018

I wonder about possibilities and potential use case for integration:
- Ticket Mgmt in JIRA/JIRA SD/JIRA Ops
- integrated with OpsGenie and monitoring
- integrated with Asset Mgmt from Inisght
- integrated with STatus Page.

Really complex IT Operations platform. Knowing a bit about such integrations from my past experience (JIRA + Ralph Asset Mgmt + Zaabix/Nagios monitoring) I realize there is a number of design/implementation pinpoints:

- correct and unified identification of asset/item generating event/incident (reference of monitoring/Ops tool to Insight Object)
- rules to raise defined ticket in JIRA (conditions, triggers, frequency and latency to avoid multiple issues referring to the same event)
- reference of event status changes to asset status changes and to issue status/step
- multi-directional synchronisation of data

And that's the simple case. Adding to this some focal points like possible Insight synchronisations with primary sources (SCCM, AWS, Azure, etc.) and more natural integration of events/ops SW with those primary sources, adding the CRON intervals used "by default" in Insight synchronisations (and related to these syncs system/resource loads) plus lack of "pushed"/"pulled" events natively in Insight - issue is quite complex.

However - it is vital for successful ITSM/OPS/DEVOPS supporting tools implementation.

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Demo Den Ep. 5: Meet Jira Mobile

See how to use Jira on the go! Demo Den Episode 5 is here: meet Jira Mobile with  Jira  Product Manager Rayen Magpantay.  Demo Den is in our monthly series where a Jira PM demonstrates...

427 views 1 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you