JIRA Ops/Ops Genie & Insight for JIRA Edited

I wonder about possibilities and potential use case for integration:
- Ticket Mgmt in JIRA/JIRA SD/JIRA Ops
- integrated with OpsGenie and monitoring
- integrated with Asset Mgmt from Inisght
- integrated with STatus Page.

Really complex IT Operations platform. Knowing a bit about such integrations from my past experience (JIRA + Ralph Asset Mgmt + Zaabix/Nagios monitoring) I realize there is a number of design/implementation pinpoints:

- correct and unified identification of asset/item generating event/incident (reference of monitoring/Ops tool to Insight Object)
- rules to raise defined ticket in JIRA (conditions, triggers, frequency and latency to avoid multiple issues referring to the same event)
- reference of event status changes to asset status changes and to issue status/step
- multi-directional synchronisation of data

And that's the simple case. Adding to this some focal points like possible Insight synchronisations with primary sources (SCCM, AWS, Azure, etc.) and more natural integration of events/ops SW with those primary sources, adding the CRON intervals used "by default" in Insight synchronisations (and related to these syncs system/resource loads) plus lack of "pushed"/"pulled" events natively in Insight - issue is quite complex.

However - it is vital for successful ITSM/OPS/DEVOPS supporting tools implementation.

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Published Jan 08, 2019 in Jira

How to Jira for designers

I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...

1,097 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you