I wonder about possibilities and potential use case for integration:
- Ticket Mgmt in JIRA/JIRA SD/JIRA Ops
- integrated with OpsGenie and monitoring
- integrated with Asset Mgmt from Inisght
- integrated with STatus Page.
Really complex IT Operations platform. Knowing a bit about such integrations from my past experience (JIRA + Ralph Asset Mgmt + Zaabix/Nagios monitoring) I realize there is a number of design/implementation pinpoints:
- correct and unified identification of asset/item generating event/incident (reference of monitoring/Ops tool to Insight Object)
- rules to raise defined ticket in JIRA (conditions, triggers, frequency and latency to avoid multiple issues referring to the same event)
- reference of event status changes to asset status changes and to issue status/step
- multi-directional synchronisation of data
And that's the simple case. Adding to this some focal points like possible Insight synchronisations with primary sources (SCCM, AWS, Azure, etc.) and more natural integration of events/ops SW with those primary sources, adding the CRON intervals used "by default" in Insight synchronisations (and related to these syncs system/resource loads) plus lack of "pushed"/"pulled" events natively in Insight - issue is quite complex.
However - it is vital for successful ITSM/OPS/DEVOPS supporting tools implementation.
Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs