How to check if JIRA is server or cloud

Amit Vaidya February 6, 2020

How can I understand if I am using JIRA server or JIRA Cloud. We have two JIRA instance as follows with the URLs:

1) https://devtools.ubm-us.net/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

2) https://informa-ge-sfdc.atlassian.net

10 answers

7 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

@Amit VaidyaEasiest thing :-)

How do I know?

Currently Jira cloud site can only have URL in <SITE_NAME>.atlassian.net format, it might change after this issue is fixed - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6999 but as of now you are good to go.

Enjoy!

6 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

The easiest way to see if you are on Jira Cloud or Server is to look at the menu, if the main menu for Jira is on the left side with you avatar at the bottom you are on Jira Cloud. If the menus are at the top with your avatar on the right then you are on Jira Server.

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2020

@Margarita Tiurina In most cases the URL for Cloud would be xxx.atlassian.net, but you do have the option to use custom URLs if you contact Atlassian support. So before Atlassian Cloud changed UI the easiest way was to look at the menu. But that has changed since Cloud is now back to using the same menu as on Server. 

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2020

Your screenshot is from Jira Server, and if you look at the bottom you should also see what version you are on. And yes, if your URL to Jira is xxx.atlassian.net then you are on Cloud.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

Hi @Elite Vigour,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Please create a new question for this,  since it has nothing to do with this one. 

0 votes
Elite Vigour February 1, 2022

Dear all,

I need your help, i want to create jira next gen project but I cannot do it yet.

I see this notice, "You're in a team-managed project"

and when I try to create new project, there is no option to choose to create project with next gen project?

0 votes
Margarita Tiurina November 4, 2020

@Mikael Sandberg 

Hi, a had exactly the same question as a topic starter.
I was under impression that Cloud JIRA is always somename.atlassian.net, otherwise it's server version.

But you are suggesting the different comparison

If I have somename.atlassian.net URL but menus are at the top with my avatar on the right - is it Cloud after all? 

0 votes

Thank you for confirming @DPKJ @Mikael Sandberg .

Actually we are planning to use 'Jira Cloud Migration Assistant' for migrating our another instance to jira cloud. So I was looking if our source one is cloud or server. As per above details, it's seems like our source one is server so we are good to use 'Jira Cloud Migration Assistant'.

Thank you both for your help on this.

0 votes

In URL it's https://devtools.ubm-us.net/ 

1) So if it's ***.atlassian.net then only it's it's cloud right?

2) As per about URL, it has only ***.net and don't have atlassian in it. So is it server?

Please see the screenshot for the bottom as you said:

JIRA Type V1.png

0 votes

Can you please confirm about it? As per your details, is it JIRA server then? Just to confirm as on community, I got if it's .net in the URL then that's JIRA cloud. Please confirm.

Thank you.

JIRA Type.png

Suggest an answer