How do we search for non-field-centric items in Jira?

Eric Osman April 22, 2019

Hi,

The Jira search UI is real clear about how to find items when you want to filter on fields having a particular value.

But is it considered part of the available function of Jira to search beyond field values?

For instance, here's two search-related things I've wanted, that it's not clear how to do:

1) I want to find all Jira items whose status is "Code Review" IF the person that put the item into "Code Review" is me.   [ REASON:  Our team are all changing the status of items from "Testing" to "Code Review" when we grab an item to start testing it, in order that other team members don't also grab the same item.  But once I've changed some to "Code Review", I need a way to find the items for which the status change from "Testing" to "Code Review" was done by me. ]

2) We move items from a status of "Testing" to "Rework" when something was discovered that needs addressing.  The items are moved back to a status of "Testing"  when the issue has been addressed.  Eventually, the item is moved to "Done" if no more issues are discovered.   I can see all those transitions from "Testing" to "Rework" by clicking "History" for an item.  But how do I ask Jira to search and find me all the items that transitioned from "Testing" to "Rework" more than twice (for example) ?

Thanks.

0 answers

Suggest an answer